Friday, January 08, 2010

How Are Ya' Fixed For Love

So......

I am a decently smart guy ....It might take me a while to figure out the instructions to a shelf I bought at IKEA but eventually I get it together(it also helps to not follow the swedish instructions)

I have been on a weight loss "journey" for almost 5.5 months.
Its been great.
Has it been easy ? Nope.
Has it been fun? Sometimes.
Will I continue? Heck Yeah.
Will I offer encouragment to others? Yes, If I feel like its the right thing to do in the right situation.
Do I have all the answers ? Well of course!!! Ha not really ...but I do have a wee lil bit on insight that I did not have 6 months ago...

Having said all that I have found that in my life its a good thing to surround yourself with folks that are....
  1. Supporters. In ANY circumstance.
  2. Smarter than me.

I get a few blogs and tweets from other folks also on a weight loss journey of some kind....Some have lost HUNDREDS of pounds and others have lost a couple of pounds. Some of their advice is below ....

............"As I journeyed to lose 158 pounds, I learned that it’s important to learn to say ‘no’. Saying ‘yes’ to cakes and pies is easy, but learning to say ‘no’ to foods you don’t want or need is very freeing and empowering.” –Diane

.............“If you keep going on & off a ‘diet’ (which by the way is NOT a lifestyle change for life), you’ll never learn to ‘listen’ or understand your body and how it reacts to certain food choices AND exercise. I have been able to keep this up so long and keep it off because I LISTEN TO MY BODY AND MAKE CHANGES BASED ON WHAT MY BODY AND LIFE ARE TELLING ME. Each choice I’ve made is one I know I can live with lifelong or until my bod tells me otherwise.” – Jody

..............“Pick your ‘perfect’.” – Tony

...............“If I could pass along one ‘here’s the answer to all the fitness/healthy living stuff that ails ya’ tip, it would be simply one word: CONSISTENCY. The key for both losing and maintaining is moving. Consistently. Every day. Day in day out. Year in year out. People consistently ask me how many hours I workout a day and seem not to want to believe how little exercise I do (30 minutes pretty much every day, ranging from traditional exercise to vigorous dance parties with my daughter). I am simply consistent and that, in my opinion, is the key. I move every day. In some fashion. No matter how busy I am. No matter what else is happening in my life. No matter what silly form my movement may need to take to squeeze it in. Day in day out. Year in year out. Consistently.”– Carla

................“Do it out of love, not punishment.”

................“I discovered the sure path to permanent weight loss is to find out why you eat and solve that. Otherwise, that wicked "why" comes back to haunt you like bad Halloween candy hiding in your sock drawer. Once solved, that "why" will leave your life and take the bad candy with it.” –Pat

................“The two most important elements for success? Self-honesty and consistency. You have to be very real with yourself and your habits. You have to accept responsibilty for every choice you make. Understanding the power of a choice is so critical---when you realize this, get super honest with yourself---and protect your journey by giving it a super high importance level---and realize consitency is key. Well, how can you fail? You can't. Success is yours for the taking!” – Sean Anderson

...............“Typical NY resolution: massive changes and maybe a cleanse diet. Embrace logic instead: make small changes that you can live with forever” –David Kirchhoff, President & CEO, Weight Watchers Intl

I weigh in tomorrow after a slight gain the last two weigh ins.....Hoping for a loss tomorrow but prepared for anything

See yall then !!

No comments: