Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Frosty the Snowman


So....


I just noticed that I have 304 blog posts in the last 3+ years...a good many have occured in the last 4 months....I also noticed that in a very short while my blog posts will catch up with my weight loss. Or I should say that they will catch up to my current weight. Pretty neat ...anyway moving on ...

I want to bake cookies. Decorated cookies with thick rich creamy piped icing. I want them to be in the shape of Santa and candy canes. I want big plump snowmen with white frothy bodies and black hats. Maybe green and red icing on a wreath or christmas trees.

I want to make snickerdoodles (thanks brad)....and contrary to popular belief they have neither snickers or doodles in them ! I want to make Martha Washington balls.... Yummy confectioners sugar, chopped pecans, coconut and eaglebrand milk...Yeah, I want to do this ...


I used to bake cookies with a friend from Tuskegee ...One year we made so many sugar cookies we had them on the beds to let the icing set ...we made HUNDREDS...So much fun. Then we stopped making cookies...never did it much after that and honest to goodness I have not made cookies during the holidays since.


I am going to bake this weekend I think ...Maybe Saturday. Supposed to be a good cold day outside and I think it would be perfect weather for it....Might make some fudge also


I dont really want to eat all these cookies...I want to give them out to folks. I would enjoy a good sugar cookie and perhaps I might have one with a glass of milk ...

I am just feeling nostalgic today .....Call me sappy

No comments: