Saturday, December 19, 2009

Home For The Holidays












So.....
No weight loss stuff tonight ...got family on my mind.
I look at the family picture above and I see two folks missing....My Grandaddy who was and is my Hero and my Daddy. I cried tonight looking at that picture but you know what ...
Our family goes on...It goes on with the smiling faces of those great kids down front there ...It goes on with my cousin Ashley being engaged and getting ready to start a family with Tyler. It continues through the grandkids who have famlies. The grandkids who remember the years gone by and the Christmas of 1975. Or the one from 87. We share with the little ones about how Santa brought horses for presents one year....We share and laugh.
We eat Grannys cake.....Her amazing chocolate cake!
So our family endures through loss and tragedy....It sounds stupid and corny but we endure because we do remember those past holidays, we eat that cake, we share those memories about our Grandaddy who loved Christmas and told us to always believe in Santa Claus....and I do Believe. You miss your Daddy with an incredible ache in your body but you remember how happy he was to watch his grandkids open gifts Christmas Day. You laugh when you remember how he would sneak off after lunch to go home and take a nap...
Family endures.
We fight and argue. We forget names. We laugh at each other till we cant see straight. We wonder who will eat that least piece of chocolate cake and you know what....
My family is full of crazy folks ....but crap I love um!
Merry Christmas !


No comments: