Thursday, December 03, 2009

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

So.....

Lets cheat a bit and jump to the end of this blog. I am not a fan of cheaters. I hate when I read that a favorite athlete cheated by taking steroids. ...Or they took money for something....
Or when you read that a big executive at a huge company stole millions from the company to pay for his house or houses in Aspen, Paris, Etc.
We hear about it every day in some form or another ....Cheaters suck!

Having said that lets turn to diets...We have all fallen off the diet wagon at some point but alot of times folks say " I am going to cheat a little today" "Cheating wont hurt me...pass that cake" But it does hurt you ....Eating that first piece of pie can lead to you evntually gaining weight back that you have struggled to lose.

There is no perfect diet out there ....Never will be. I understand a little better about portion control but If I am being honest with myself (and you dear readers) I will have to work for the rest of my life to have a healthy weight. Excercise will be a norm for me ....Some people dont have to struggle. I will and I understand that ....

When we say we are going to have a cheat day it suddenly has a naughty sound to it ....Kinda like taking two suckers at the bank or smoking in the bathroom when you should not be smoking at all.
Heres the deal ...Most diets do work though specially the ones that mainly teach portion control. Slowly building you into a new way of eating and making choices. They are designed to let you eat what you want to eat when you want to eat it ...You can eat pie, cakes, candies, ice cream, starches galore....just be more aware of it and when you get the idea of having a CHEAT day there will be no need because when you look back you realize something....you dont need a cheat day cause I have not lacked for anything.

Cheating sucks ....Just ask the guys from 1919 'Black Sox" team ....

No comments: