Monday, November 16, 2009

The Christmas Waltz

So.....

Occasionally something will happen to us so often that we accept how it feels and then when it's no longer there we forget why we ever accepted the way things were.
I've been making it a habit with my healthful eating plan to make note of how I feel in a little journal. I also keep track of my points in this same book. Noticing changes as I move through the next few weeks. One big change that is so confusing and well accepted by me is my lack of hunger and cravings.
I first noticed this on last Friday when I had a HUGE Fuji apple for a snack before I went out to go run some errands.
I forgot about eating until that evening!!! Which is not a good thing, but so surprising for me I just went with it. Sure I was tempted by all of the comforting ideas of seasonal food (flavored coffee, or christmas candy were high on that list) but aside from my initial reaction to comfort myself I just did not have hunger.
Hunger for me is very uncomfortable......... I get grouchy, irritable, nauseous and that feeling of IF I DON'T EAT RIGHT THIS SECOND I WILL EAT YOUR ARM OFF. Which looking at it more closely could be a symptom of high and low blood sugar spikes. I would always fight my way past the hunger though ...go hours without even trying to slow down to eat
Now that I feel stable in that area..... I seem to be able to go longer periods without food and caving to cravings. When I wake up I don't feel that empty -sick feeling of hunger. Hunger is there....... but it is more subtle and less uncomfortable.
Its too early to assume I am cured of this desire to overeat because I'm not. But I really like how I feel. I like being able to go about my day and not be consumed with the thought of eating or wondering how I'm going to sneak extra food in my day.
Peace

No comments: