Thursday, November 12, 2009

Grown Up Christmas List

So....

I started back to the gym last week ....Went a few days then got sick. Blerg.
I am not supposed to lift anything more than 5lbs for the next month....so that means that lifting weights on any level is out of the question. But here is my deal ....I am SOOOO ready to already get back to working out ...even going those few days had me energized. I know there is nothing in the world that I can do about getting sick....Crap happens. But I feel incredibly sidelined right now and its driving me nuts.
Here is my goal once I get back to the gym (next week !!)
I am going to tackle the elliptical machine. Yeah ...thats right I am going to take it on and I will whip its ugly stupid face into the ground. I like the rowing machines and the treadmills. I like the stationary bikes and the recumbant bikes. I dont like the elliptical machines.
I will use them for a few minutes and then stop. I will gradually add my time and eventually I will show it who is boss ...Heck yeah !
Here are two things I will need ....
  1. Music. I cant excercise on any real level without music of some kind. It motivates me and makes the time fly by....I have set play lists that I enjoy ...ask me if you are curious.
  2. Towel or magazine. I have to cover up the time elapsed/calories burned/distance travelled thing when I am working out or I will check every 2 minutes...Tick Tock Tick Tock !!

So thats my plan next Monday morning is to hit the gym (slowly ) again.

Its Time.

No comments: