Wednesday, November 25, 2009

We Gather Together


There is one day that is ours. There is one day when all we Americans who are not self-made go back to the old home to eat saleratus biscuits and marvel how much nearer to the porch the old pump looks than it used to. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American. ~O. Henry


So...


Its almost Thanksgiving. You got your list and I got mine ...Here are just a few of the things that I am thankful for this year....Its a bit mushy but here goes



  • A job that I actually enjoy about 98% of the time. Any job has its ups and downs but when you can go in smiling almost every single day and LEAVE the same way ...well then you got a good thing my friends.

  • Family. The crazier we are the more we seem to get along at times. I have to amazing nephews that I adore and love with all my heart and soul. You cannot imagine how my heart feels when I see my youngest nephew walk out of school and realize that I am picking him up that day...The look on his face is enough to get me through 10 years worth of anything bad. To look at my oldest nephew and see the excitement when you talk about books and history and yes politics. It makes me proud. To having a mother and a brother who drives through the night to be with you right before emergency surgery. I Love Yall.

  • To seeing my godaughters walking and squeeling with delight when they play. Music to my ears.

  • Old friends who are new parents. Welcome to the World Rosemary.

  • To renewed family vacations to far off places. What a blast.

  • My uncle being home and reminding me so much of my Dad.

  • Being 44 pounds lighter than I was 3.5 months ago.

  • My friends all over the country and world for that matter.... Oxford, Birmingham, Pennsylvania, California, Atlanta,Dallas, New Zealand, England...The list is long. Thanks guys for being there

  • My best friends here....Meals, travels,porch time, understanding, guiding,listening, walking,sharing and growing. I could not possibly be me without yall.

  • Watching the kids in my youth growing into young adults and going off into the world. Its crazy that I have been around these folks for almost 10 years.

  • Lower blood pressure.

  • My granny and the way she shows her love.

  • Quilts. I love a quilt.

  • My faith. I have it but seldom wear it on my sleeve. Its my business and I am ok with that..

  • Memories of my Nana, Grandaddy and my Dad. Bittersweet this time of the year but damn I love thinking about them and the smiles they had .

  • Having Grannys recipe for her dressing and being able to make it ALMOST as good as she does.

  • Decent health.

  • My devoted fans who read my blog to keep up with my weight loss progress

I could go on for pages and pages .....I am a blessed man. I hope yall have a great Thanksgiving.
Peace and Love to you all ....

1 comment:

Nick M. said...

I am so very thankful for you my friend and for the many things that are going so right for you in your life. You deserve it.