Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Wassil Song


So....


I have now been at home for two days in a row taking it easy...Not doing much of anything and let me tell you this...I am SOOOO missing excercising.

I ahve not been able to walk of course and needless to say I have not been to the gym since last week.

I dont know when I will go back to the gym to be honest because I cant lift more than 5lbs for the next month at least. So at least a month ...right ?

Main thing I am missing is my walking. I was walking almost every single day or night and so far I have not done that since LAST Thursday!! I mean I have been walking around my house but its a slow go still....

I already have Thanksgiving on my mind . The food mainly but I have also mentioned that I enjoy the day period. The crowded house....watching the parade while the turkey roasts in the oven.....watching football after lunch. Taking a walk in the afternoon around the neighboorhood to see the folks already out and decorating for Christmas.

Yeah ...I dig Thanksgiving.

I am also thinking about recipes and what to change this year and you know what ....I am not changing anything...

I will cook the dressing the same way my Granny always did....We will have chocolate cake and sweet potato crunch. We will have pumpkin pie and 7 layer salad. We will have thick rich gravy and fresh yeast rolls. Squash casserole and green beans. It will all be there and I will be there also ...just paying more attention to my portions this year. I will maybe even use a smaller plate...

I will not be changing recipes this year because folks come to eat what they know on the Holidays. They want that dressing that is rich and moist...They want that pumpkin pie that YES you make yourself. They dont want a low fat version of anything on Thanksgiving or Christmas. And I accept and understand that ...I am cool with it.

So I will make the dressing with the 8EGGS in it and 2-3 sticks of melted butter!! And we will all remember at some point during that day that we are very very blessed !

Peace

No comments: