Monday, November 30, 2009

Bells Will Be Ringing

So.....

To me, weight loss is not about what you put in your mouth.No two people lose weight the exact same way.Everybody is different. Some want the occasional "treat", some are "hardcore clean eaters". Some love the gym, some walk at home....for folks to say they are a weight loss expert is to say you are "The master of the Slot Machine"...... Just because you hit a jackpot does not mean you can do it every time or help others win a jackpot.

The one piece of advice that I can give, which might sound weird from me although it shouldn't, is this... A loss is a loss, and do not ever get discouraged that you "Only lost ____" I have already realized that I can do this for the rest of my life.
I know the feeling though, You work so hard all week. You read or see stories about folks who lose 5-10lbs .....you watch "The Biggest Loser" where you see huge losses.
You get on the scale and you "Only lost one pound!".....You question the way you eat.You question if this is worth it.You question your program that has worked for so many weeks.Realistically, losing a pound is awesome. I mean think about it ...If you lose one pound each week for a year BOOM 52 lbs are gone off your frame...pretty damn good if you ask me.
Life is weird sometimes.... no one did not get a date because they weighed 212 instead of 209......no one did not get the promotion because they were 201 instead of 199. Yet every week, those numbers destroy our mentality. Sure there is a difference from 400 to 200 pounds, but why do we sweat the small stuff? This is where people start to fail and this is where I have failed for so long. I never looked at the big picture.When your mentality is destroyed, your mind wonders....You look at other diets and try them out. You get confused at the gym, and try so many programs.Yet, you lost a pound!
DOnt get me wrong ..I am very happy to be where I am ...VERY VERY VERY happy ....I have managed to lose weight each and every week since I started on August 7....But I can understand the frustration of wanting to lose more and not being able to do so ....But a loss of anything kind is a great thing....I am not complaining. This is just whats on my mind today ....
I hate the term "Shake it up". When people say that, it means they are going to try anything to lose "more" weight. Maybe you are different, I am not.So be proud of those losses. No matter how small. If I would have realized a one pound loss is better than a 250 pound gain, I would have been successful years ago.
Onward I go ....

No comments: