Wednesday, August 26, 2009

AC-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive


So......


Not alot tonight to report ..I did blog this morning about Sen Kennedys passing so this will make TWO for the day ..

One main thing that I have been going back and forth on is what day to take off during the week. And by that I mean what day or days should I relax from excercising ...

Wednesday ...the middle of the week and a good spot to relax a bit

The weekend....Sit back and think about what my week was like and what I can do different next week

Or not take off at all and just keep on going ....anything I do is a positive right now thats my way of looking at it

Anyway ...just something I have been thinking about today ...


Another thing ...I have to admit that I am really enjoying the process of making some kind of breakfast in the morning..

Like today was a banana and one piece of raisin bread with peanut butter on it ...Simple but good and it was something. I used to never eat breakfast

I thought that this would be my lest favorite part of everything but so far I have found some pretty neat solutions to filling that void

I am a big fan of oatmeal but only during the colder months so once it really starts to feel like fall on a more regular basis I am going to get back into eating a hot bowl of oatmeal.

Any other quick easy breakfast ideas yall might have ? Pass um along my way ...

6 comments:

luke said...

everyone's breakfast tastes are different, so this may not be up your alley...

- plain old vanilla yogurt from Publix
- granola (plain granola, no extra fruit or chocolaty bits)
- fresh, chopped fruit

tomorrow, i'm starting on blueberries, but my favorite are peaches. and of course, you know better than to get peaches from anywhere but a farmer's market, NOT the grocery store.

Jason said...

Of course ....

Anonymous said...

I wish you health and happiness every day!
Ich wünsche Ihnen Glück und Gesundheit jeden Tag!
Je vous souhaite santé et bonheur chaque jour!

整形
婦產科
張艮輝
法拍屋
瑜珈
服飾
隔熱紙
清潔
雲林

mary said...

Two weeks ago I started doing fruit smoothies for breakfast with no other changes in my diet/exercise and I can already tell I'm losing a little weight from it.

I put the following in the blender:

Strawberries
Blueberries
A banana
OJ
A little vanilla yogurt
Some Ice.

And blend.
(Lane would suggest you add some splenda)

I prefer savory things for breakfast so it is a big change for me but it's quick and easy and it tastes good. Also, its motivating to keep it up when i'm already losing some inches.

Stephanie said...

First of all, Luke's suggestion is my all-time very favorite breakfast to eat. Strawberries or blueberries are my favorites with it.

We eat a lot of bagels. The complex carbs are good for giving you energy throughout the morning. Plus I've recently discovered that whole wheat bagels are fortified with calcium and iron, which is a huge plus for my child with milk allergies. Cantelope (sp?) is good in the mornings too. Kashi also makes a really good (and fortified) waffle; we use the all-fruit jellies, or just a little butter on waffles (no syrup - my kids don't even know that syrup is an option) and they taste fine. They are also really good topped with strawberries or blueberries.

If you're in the mood to bake something, scones are made with only a few tablespoons of sugar, and a whole batch only has 1/3 c butter. They are also SO GOOD and you feel like you're having a treat, when they really aren't that bad for you. Especially if you use fruit and/or whole wheat flour.

I will say to be aware of the ready-made oatmeal. That stuff is loaded with sugar. We still eat it occasionally, but I just didin't want it to catch you off guard.

Valerie said...

Hi Stephanie- Cantaloupe

Also, I know this is a little late, but strawberry-banana smoothie:

1 large banana
8 or 9 frozen strawberries
1/2 cup skim milk
1 or 2 tablespoons (to taste) honey

(if you can spare the points, it is also sometimes nice to substitute a TB of turbinado sugar for one of the honey- either way its good though)