Sunday, August 16, 2009

Another Pleasant Valley Sunday ...

So.....
Day one went really good I think ....
They way the system works that I am using is that each and every food item you put into your mouth has a point value ....
A small to medium apple is 1 point.
A Banana is 2 points.
A Lean Cuisine Roasted Beef Tips with Carrots and gravy is 5 point.
I think you see how it works ...

Every person has a different number as to how many points they can have in a day. The more you weigh then typically the more points you get . I get like 44 points a day!!!
I get ALOT of points ....of course as you lose weight then you adjust the number down but to be honest today I had a hard time trying to eat enough to use all my points.
My main thing is going to be to make sure I keep a full stock of fruits and veggies to snack on ....and to continue the water intake.
I am pretty good about drinking a good bit of water anyway but I am starting OPERATION CAMEL tomorrow ....Besides OJ and Milk, the main other drink for me will be water.
I am excited to begin the work week with all its temptations of eating out with youth and friends. Also if you have ever worked in a church before then you know folks always want to FEED you in some way ....bring you a cake or cookies. Fix you a plate of something....
I welcome the challenge
See ya tomorrow

2 comments:

maughry said...

***encouragement encouragement encouragement***

also, i should mention that I had a friend in law school who was on a similar plan as you if not the same one. she had a serious childhood/teenage obesity problem and got healthy in highschool and was still maintaining 10 years later (!!!) at 28 when i knew her using that same program with moderate exercise. just thought i'd throw that out there as encouragement since a lot of "programs or diets" don't stay with people very long.

Eleanor said...

Jason - You know I'm an "old pro" with great success on this program. If you ever need anything from me, let me know!

Two big tips:

Buy a tare scale and a copy of Corrine Netzer's Complete Book of Food Counts -- and then WEIGH and/or MEASURE everything you eat at home until you can eyeball correctly. You'd be amazed how much a serving can be (or how little!), and even though I'm 6 years into this (1 to lose, 5 years maintaining) I still find if i slide on this my portions get raggy!

Also -- shoot for 5 small meals a day. Keeping your blood sugar levels on an even keel will seriously mess with the Carb/Fat Monster (that's the one that grabs the bag o' chips and polishes off half of it before you even knew you were hungry).....

Okay -- I'll shut up now -- but those two things were the most crucial keys to my success!

Oh -- and I'm very proud of you! It only gets tougher the older you get.