Saturday, August 15, 2009

There is a Brotherhood of Man ..a benevolent brotherhood of man ...A noble tie that binds ...all you in hearts and minds

So.......

It begins here ....
We are all connected by our genuine concern for each other...
I think about Lane and Mary as they begin their new life in Atlanta....Luke and Jackie as they run towards parenthood and new business adventures....Nick and Laura as they watch beautiful girls grow ...

I have concerns about my health....I needed some type of accountability. I needed a support group, if you will. I needed folks in the same boat as myself... so I joined a local weight loss group today. I am hoping that this will be the first step towards a healthier me ....
I can honestly say that I am not embarassed about who I am ....I am just me. But I full well know that I can be in better shape. I can cut some things and add some things back that are much better for me. I already excercise some but can do more and that begins Monday morning ...the new eating plan and lifestyle begins tomorrow.

I promised myself that I would totally honest and transparent on this new blog and I fully intend to keep that promise. It wont be easy but its a promise I made to myself and my dear readers.
To those of you out there who read this blog I encourage you to ask me questions, engage me in conversation in some way, challenge me in some way in regards to this my "whole new thing"

So here we go....
Today at 9:15 am I weighed in for the first time of what will be many times.....

Here are my important stats as of today August 15, 2009

Height-6'2ish inches
Weight-381
Blood Pressure-142/79

As I said ...I am not ashamed of who I am but I am concerned and worried about my overall health....
Wish me luck ...

4 comments:

Nick M. said...

As you well know I am 150% behind you. Laura and me will support you in any way that we can and we will always be here for us. Good luck and I am proud of you.

*This now concludes the moment when I sound like your parents* ;-)

Laura Mielke said...

I love this. For both and for all of us. As you know... I am always concerned about my own weight/body image as well but I do know exactly how important it is to have support and encouragement from others. I wish you all the luck and years of happiness.

maughry said...

JMG!! I'm so excited for you. This is fantastic and I am extremely impressed and inspired by your transparency and bravery.

I love it.

We've been desperately in need of some positive change and we feel like NOW is the time as well. There was so much we loved about Boston, especially Lane, but the stress of law school and the compact living space and expensive standard of living was just a little too conducive to unhealthy living.

Good luck!! I promise to personally harass you if you leave us hanging.

Anonymous said...

... we're having a baby? and no one told me!??!?

next thing you tell is that i have an iPhone! now that would be insane!

seriously, though: best of luck. see ya in three months!