Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Favorite Things ....


So.....


Its Wednesday night and day 4 of my new "stuff".....and here are a few things I have discovered in the short time


  • Turkey sausage is really good ....turkey bacon can take a long walk off a short pier.

  • Sams sells HUGE chickens for roasting and of course its much much cheaper than buying a bird already cooked there...I cooked two and am eating the results as the days go by .

  • I tend to get the munchies at night ....nothing bad but I want something ...any suggestions on how to overcome this ?

  • Lots of water = lots of time in the bathroom...of course I knew this but MAN my bladder is wondering what the frig is up ...

  • Doing any form of a sit up causes you to feel as though you have pulled every muscle in your chest.....

  • Writing something every day is a lot more challenging than I thought it would be ...but I am dedicated to keeping myself motivated and you up to date

  • Fiber One Yogurts and Fiber One bars are good but they also ...well...you know what they do

  • I have rediscovered my love for apples. Gala are my apple of choice right now

So thats it ....also I am sitting here writing this while listening to Christmas music....that is no suprise to many of you but as I have said time and time again ...It relaxes me.



5 comments:

Eleanor said...

Re: Night time munchies.... popcorn (be very careful here -- check serving sizes to make sure you aren't eating enough popcorn for 8 people)... Something frozen is nice (we love banana popsicles, Edy bars are excellent and 2 points) because it takes you a few minutes to eat it.

Even a tossed green salad with a tsp of EVOO and some nice balsamic with some lemon pepper works well as an after dinner/before bedtime treat!

And here's another tip from my vault: always create work for yourself when you eat. Don't eat out of bags, for instance -- always use a bowl, plate, something that you will have to clean.

Jason said...

Thanks Eleanor ....I knew I could count on you
The frozen stuff sounds good but will find something besides BananaPops...I love a banana but not in a frozen taste flavored form ...

Nick M. said...

Bananas = YUCK!!

Stephanie said...

At night, fruit helps. Apples fill you up better because of the high fiber content. I've also known people who have frozen grapes, and eat those as their night time snack. Frozen bananas are good too.

I also get munchies a lot at night, and will eat a few ritz crackers with milk (or iced tea or chocolate milk - I use the light chocolate syrup and skim milk, and use about half the chocolate I normally would). Fruit may be better as you're trying to form new habits, but half a cup of low calorie chocolate milk and a few ritz crackers makes me feel like I've had dessert, when I really haven't taken in that many calories.

Walking also helps - for whatever reason, movement is a good "cure" for munchies for me, since I'm normally eating out of boredom.

mary said...

@popcorn. you can get 'light' kettle popcorn that is just a tiny bit sweeter. i don't know about the points but it's light and delicious.

@frozen fruit. have you ever tried frozen blueberries?? SO yummy and lane found a ton of studies recently that say blueberries got rid of belly fat in rats or something. haha!

Hang in there. Thanks for the updates.