Friday, August 21, 2009

Five Minutes More ....

So......
Today was a good day ! While I am glad that I no longer live in Macon county it was VERY nice to visit with folks and see family. Added to that was the fact that we were seeing folks in a normal settting...No funeral had us in Macon county this time it seems that the only time we see folks sometimes is at a funeral. Sad.
My 90 year old aunt fixed us lunch today and although it was just spaghetti... It was very tasty. There is just something about older folks cooking that makes things better...ya know ?
I had a small serving and some garlic bread ...so not a deal breaker.
We spent most of the day just visiting with folks and riding around the county looking at places from my Grannys past and when it was all over it left me wishing we had more time ...but there can be other trips....

I went to the grocery store tonight and found some Jiffs Natural Peanut Butter. I really like peanut butter. I also really like the natural peanut butter with the oil on top but most times its more expensive ...this Jiff was not that expensive. ALSO I compared the fat/fiber/calories on the back and it looked pretty good. I will let ya know how it tastes !
Hope yall had a great day and THANKS to everyone for their words of encouragment this week it has meant alot!!
More to come ....

2 comments:

luke said...

always a big fan of the natural PB. Publix makes a really good one, if you can find it. last time i went looking, they had cleared the shelves of it.

Laura Mielke said...

I agree completely agree with Anonymous...