Friday, August 28, 2009

Dreaming My Dreams With You

So.....

What are some things you want to accomplish in your life ? I know many of you out there have met many of your goals. I know many have married that dream guy or girl. Have travelled the world and seen the sights.
But what, if anything, is missing?
Perhaps you want to learn to fly a plane ...Maybe you want to swim the English Channel. Maybe you want to learn a second language, or a third and fourth.
I started this weight loss/healthy eating walk two weeks ago almost with no other goal in mind than to lose weight and get into better shape. I have a healthier heart. To lower my blood pressure. To just feel better.
But here are some things that I always seem to have stuck way back in the back of my head. Mind you they have been there for years but at age 35 perhaps its time to consider WHEN some things might happen.
  • Hike the Appalachian Trail. If not the whole thing then large parts of it. Not taking a day hike while on vacation but taking two week or a month and hiking for miles and miles of it.
  • Walk the Highlands of Scotland. Stand on the ragged, time worn perches and look across that beautiful country and thing about what happened over the years there ...
  • Get married. I was just telling someone the other day that perhaps I am not the marrying kind of person. Maybe I will one day be content with having someone in my life long term. Then I think ...Nah. I want to get married...time will tell.
  • Visit the beaches near Anzio, Italy.
  • Take voice lessons. I can sing but with some training perhaps I could be better ...who knows.

Those are a few for me ....hiking the AT would be amazing for sure. I worry at this point in my life of doing it but perhaps when I am in better shape, who knows??

I remember reading a story about a guy who hiked the trail just to lose weight and ended up losing like 60lbs I think.

So whats your "to do " list right now ? and if you get to looking for me maybe you can find me on the AT.

Peace

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I posted mine on my blog.

Laura Mielke said...

I love this post and will be considering a list of my top 5 "want to do's" it is good question and I am kind of disappointed that I don't have 5 things pop into my mind right away... ill be thinking. might be a nice "round the table" next conversation...