Monday, August 31, 2009

You're Getting to be a Habit with Me


So....


Lets talk about breakfast for a few minutes ....I kinda touched on it a bit in a previous post but this will be a little more in depth.


We know THE most important meal of the day is breakfast....We have heard that for years and years ....

I struggle with breakfast because for years and years and years I have not eaten it ...at all. Just something about eating that early in the morning makes me almost want to gag a bit ...

But for the last two+ weeks I have been eating something...EVERY DAY.

Maybe it is a bowl of cereal or a cup of yogurt. Perhaps a whole grain waffle with some turkey sausage.
One day I ate some raisin bread with peanut butter on it with a banana. That might have been my favorite so far....but the main thing is I am eating breakfast.

I am slowly changing those hard to kill habits....I will be honest most mornings I still have a strong gag reflex but it seems to be getting better.

I think for me it will eventually come down to pairing certain things together...Raisin bread with a banana.....Apple with peanut butter and a waffle with a little syrup. Maybe a smoothie....I have mentioned my love of all things oatmeal and am waiting for that first really good cool snap to have me a bowl!!

So you will fogive me if I have asked this before but whats your favorite breakfast food? What is something that will get you going and keep you going all morning.
Or maybe its just your comfort thing....french toast, Chappys pancakes, hashbrowns at Waffle House....
I do confess a love for good pancakes ....!!!!

I am interested to know what you like ....


5 comments:

Eleanor said...

With rare exceptions, my breakfast is the same every day:

30 grams of Total cereal, mixed with 15 grams of Fiber One cereal, and a cup of milk.

It's not exciting, but there's something about the routine of it that I find important.

Nick M. said...

i love good pancakes or french toast...not a healthy option but a comfortably delicious one.

mary said...

i told you my healthy favorite: fruit smoothie. also, oatmeal. BUT, if you are asking just all out general favorite without regard to health, hands down - Eggs Benny. If you are ever in Atlanta, you MUST got o J. Christophers and order it.

PS (i didn't eat breakfast until my mid twenties. now it is my favorite meal of the day!)

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried it (I eat Cheerios with banana, strawberries and blue berries every morning.), but my friends put honey on their peanut butter and raisin bread. JMH

Stephanie said...

My mom has the same gag reflex in the morning. Especially with sweet breakfasts - she absolutely cannot eat sugar before about 11 a.m. So she supplements her diet with plenty of coffee and cigarettes. ;)

I love the yogurt/granola/fruit thing. I also really like scrambled eggs with cheese, or fresh baked breakfast (like muffins or scones - as long as they aren't too sugary). And belgian waffles with strawberries ... all of it is good.