Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tomorrow ....

So.....

Not alot going on here today ...had a very productive day at work. Got a good bit done in my office and at the church in general.

I mentioned last night my dislike for turkey bacon ...well today at lunch I had a turkey burger and OH MY GOODNESS it was amazing....
It had bell peppers and mushrooms on it ....light mayo...mustard. The bun was a regular run of the mill bun but wow I am really impressed at how good the burger was .....
and speaking of cooking ...here is something else for you to try if you are game

Take a Penne Need a Penne Chicken Pasta (or whatever you want to call it)
One box of whole grain penne pasta or 13 OZs
One can of diced tomatoes-
1-1.5 cups of cooked chicken diced or shredded
1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese
One small jar mushrooms or you you can cup up about a cup of fresh ones
about a half cup of sliced olives.Black or green.
1/2 cup light italian dressing
1/3 cup chopped basil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cook the pasta and drain....
Cook the chicken basil and tomatoes just till warmed good ...bout 5 minutes.
Toss all together and chill.
I think you could lower the pasta level and still have a great dish but its great for leftovers also...
A serving was a cup ...make a big salad and enjoy.

Is anyone watching Mad Men ?? Perhaps the best show on TV right now. Its got to be right up there with FNL as far as writing and character development goes. Just a brilliant show ...Check it out on AMC on Sunday nights
There will be fat year ...There will be lean years, but it is going to rain.-Don Draper

...And tomorrow I head home to Tuskegee/Notasulga to take my Granny to visit family and friends. One set of friends we used to play cards with and I am looking forward to seeing them...The husband fell about 20 years ago and broke his back and the lingering results of that have him basically homebound.
Wonderful folks that I cant wait to see...
Hope your day was great !!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Jason! I have so enjoyed "hearing" from you daily! I of course loved the "old you" but I already LOVE the "new you"!! Hope to see you soon!

maughry said...

I am super excited about the new season of MM. Mr. H tried to talk me into waiting until this season comes out on dvd because AMC (GASP!) doesn't have it in HD (OH NO!), but I insisted that I cannot wait and refused to be left out of the MM discussion this year! (every other season we've watched it late on dvd).

So, discuss away! I love it.

Laura Mielke said...

Looking forward to our date tomorrow and the hunt for old timey S&P shakers!