Sunday, August 30, 2009

Night and Day

So.....
First of all ...Where in the hello is the cooler weather we were promised more than a week ago my that lying Rich Thomas ...I mean it was so incredibly muggy out tonight while walking it felt like the beach after a short rain.
I am excited about the coming cooler weather and when I am walking in the park I find myself thinking back to previous falls and the leaves on the ground and the bright colors in the trees.

Second....Is it ok after only two weeks I find myself thinking ALOT about weight loss, healthy eating, figuring out when I can excercise etc ..
I mean I know that what I am doing is a good thing....and that any cutting back I am doing and excerising I am adding is a HUGE benefit....
I just dont want to become one of those folks that only talks weight loss/diet/excercise 24/7. I started this new blog to keep folks up to date and to help keep myself accountable ....So far its been a real blast.
Chew on that for a bit and let me know what you think ....

Third...WHo has some good smoothie recipes they care to share...I got one off here already but am looking for some more tried and true recipes that YOU have made in your own kitchen.
Let me know ...
Thats all I got tonight folks ....Hope yall have a great Monday
Peace

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Hi Jason,

I posted this on the breakfast post a few days ago, but I was really late, so I wasn't sure if you saw it. Just in case, I'm posting it again, because its really simple and SO good. I came up with this after trying a bunch of recipes to replicate the Angel Food smoothie at Smoothie King.

Strawberry-Banana Smoothie:

1 large banana
8 or 9 whole frozen strawberries (not the kind packed in juice)
1/2 cup skim milk
1 TB honey (to taste)
1 TB turbinado sugar (optional- only if you'd like it sweeter and you can spare the points :) )

You could also add some unflavored protein powder if you'd like. When I had my wisdom teeth out I did that and basically lived on the stuff. It was the only good part about getting my wisdom teeth out. :)

Stephanie said...

Jason this is random but another night time snacking suggestion is cereal. A lot of time I just want something to do - I'm not actually hungry. A cereal that is high in fiber (i.e., filling) and a little sweet is perfect - I put a cup of dry cereal in a little cup, and then drink a glass of milk with it. I have something to do with my hands, and I'm still eating something nutritious. Shredded wheat has a vanilla almond cereal that I've really been enjoying right now. Frosted mini wheats are also really good for this, as are Cheerios.

Jason said...

I do enjoy the nightime cereal thing...I just bought a box of the shredded wheat with the frosting stuff on them ...I am out of Cheerios...but Cheerios are my favorite..