Monday, August 17, 2009

The Hills Are Alive With the Sound of Music......

....Or the loud tailpipes of the reds down the street working on their jacked up trucks.....

So......
Went by PriMed this afternoon to have my BP taken and it read 140/83....Not too bad but not the best either...although I have had a pretty intense headache the last two days ...right behind my left eye...UGH.
Today was a good day at work ....Got alot finished up and off my desk .... had a HUGE salad for lunch....Romaine lettuce, shredded carrots, cucumbers, onions, turkey bacon, fat free croutons, and some low fat 1000 Isle dressing.....
I also fixed me a turkey sangwich on whole wheat/grain bread with tomatoes and Kraft Mayo made with Olive Oil. I did not even eat the sangwich....Salad kinda filled me up...
Got some great advice from Eleanor....THANKS!!

I am in the midst of re-watching season 6 of The West Wing and am really enjoying it ....I wish real politics could be like it is on this show.....
And speaking of all politics ...I think I am going to hang up my hat with regards to all things political...I will talk about the weather, sports, travel ANYTHING but politics.

Excercising went well....Actually did some sit ups tonight LOL ....not many but a few ...

Headed to read a bit about the Civil War then to watch some more WW.

Peace

2 comments:

maughry said...

Oh, speaking of salads... I'm a huge fan too and what always gets me is the rich dressings I also love! recently Lane and I tried out that spray on salad dressing (WishBone is the brand I think?) They have several kinds.. we've tried a couple of vinaigrettes that were delicious. I'm a little skeptical of things like ranch but I'm gonna try it. I think they are called "salad spritzers" and it really keeps you from using too much.

Anonymous said...

Jason, I too am proud of you. I know you have the will power to do what you want to do.
Your new blog is greeeeeat! JMH