Wednesday, October 07, 2009

As Time Goes By

So......

I have decided that I am not a fan of The Biggest Loser. But as a general rule I am not a fan of any show that has alot of yelling and cussing at folks. Its degrading. And before anyone jumps in here ...I know that being fat and overweight has its own degrading aspects but bullying someone into weight loss is not going to do it for me....
I think Jillian and Bob really mot likely have the best interests of the contestants at heart. But you have to remember they are on a game show. Its reality TV.
There are not many places you could go or many diets you could follow on your own and lose at much weight in one week. Add to that that many if not most doctors will tell you that its dangerous to be doing just that.
The producers and the directors of this show are playing for ratings....
Getting in shape is a huge deal ....eating better is a big deal ...but the only thing I see when I tune is NBC/Universal getting fatter in the bank.
If you watch only for entertainment ...then fine. If folks are watching at home thinking "Wow, Thats what I need to be doing...almost killing myself to drop my weight" Then thats scary to me ...
I will lose weight the way i am doing it now ...2lbs here ....3lbs here ...walking at night and doing some other excercise at home with what I got now. As times goes by I will add in things here and there but for Gods sake ....Dont yell at me .

No comments: