Thursday, October 29, 2009

Just One Of Those Things

So....

A quiet week here for me as far as dieting goes ....Last weekend in North Carolina I had my first beer in a long time....It was good and I enjoyed it but to be honest with you I felt pretty dang quilty afterwards. Silly ? Maybe...but it got me to thinking that I am in a different place than I once was ...
I will still have a beer from time to time and there is no pressure from any of my friends to have me drink on any level. I have made this choice and I am happy with it ...

Other Temptations ....
Food at a high school football game!!
I mean come on ...Grilled burgers that are nothing more than processed meat pressed into the shape of a hamburger patty. But oh so good....
SALTY popcorn...
Hot dogs....Yeah,....Mustard, kraut, little ketchup.

I have not weighed in 13 days ....Tomorrow I will go back ....I missed last week due to being in NC and this coming Saturday they are closed for some reason.
For some reason I am nervous about the beer last weekend catching up with me this week. Other wise I have been very good this week.

Fall Festival is coming this Saturday at DUMC....My costume is done and I gotta say its pretty kick butt. Pictures will be coming this weekend....

This post is all over the place tonight but its where my mind is right now ...
Yall have a great night

1 comment:

mary said...

we've been laying off the alcohol lately too. it's weird how you can get use to not having beer or whatever and its totally fine but then its just so much more tempting in social situations. i can't imagine last weekend will affect your weigh in. since you've waited 13 days, maybe it will be more than you are use to!! good luck.

one thing driving me nuts is all the holiday baked goods people feel they just MUST bring to the office this time of year (now through Jan. 1). i'm very good about specifically bringing exactly what I want to eat with me to work in advance and i'm perfectly happy sticking to it but that is in the event people don't just leave freshly baked chocolate chip cookies sitting out!! boo!

i guess 1/1/10 will be here before we know it and everyone will be resoluting and cutting back.