Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Our Love Is Here To Stay


So......


Wow what a Wednesday !! Couple of things right off that bat then I am gonna get into the meat of things ...


  1. Today was our churches Charge Conference...Glad thats over.

  2. I cooked supper for church tonight. It turned out ok. Was not that pleased with the main dish but folks seemed to enjoy it.

  3. A former youth of mine had a really bad car accident early Wednesday morning. Looking at the car and knowing all the details about the wreck its hard to imagine that he walked away from it. But he did...has a broken nose and beat up pretty bad but hes alive. Very lucky kid.

  4. I have felt just kinda weird today. Just gross feeling for some reason ...not sure what it is but its there

I have a slight food addiction that I want to talk about tonight....I love Mayo. LOVE IT! Before joining weight watchers a few weeks back we could literally go through a jar in a week. No problem! Thats just bad...When i would make a sangwich ...I would put SOOOO much mayo on the bread it was sickening. But this disease only really existed at my home. I never did it much out in public. But while home...watch out Kraft and Hellmans.


Here is how bad it was at home ...I would make a sangwich and then put a huge drop of mayo on my plate to DIP the sangwich in....UGH. I would also put mayo on or use mayo in the following ways ..



  • Dip potato chips in it.

  • Dip fries in it.

  • Put it on my steak.

  • Once used it and only it to make a sangwich.

  • Remember one time dipping a cookie in it to see what it tasted like.

  • Wondered what it would taste like frozen.

Thats just a few of them ......after 2 months on Weight Watchers I am happy to say that the mayo consumption is WAY down. I used to use a spoon to get mayo out but now I use a knife or measuring spoon. I cant remember the last time I bought a jar of mayo ...Its been that long. Maybe two months....I still love mayo and will always use it but the using it in different quantities.


So heres my question to you tonight ......What do you have in your life that is along the same lines as my mayo addiction?


Share and let us all know


Peace and goodnight

6 comments:

maughry said...

OMG JMG. This is the kind of post that should have a disclaimer at the top - something along the lines of -

"If you have a fierce and uncontrollable aversion to mayonaise and the sheer THOUGHT of it makes you seriously queasy and even though you allow your husband to have it in the house, it must be in a TEENY TINY jar that is located in the furtherest corners of the fridge and out of plain view so that you never have to encounter it without warning - then maybe you should skip this post."

I probably would've skipped if you would have put that at the top!

I definitely have foods that I LOVE that are awful for me - like mexican cheese dip - so I understand.

maughry said...

Oh, so here is a food/diet question I've been meaning to ask.

What do you think about (or have heard/read about) frozen boxed meals - of any variety (healthy choice, lean cuisine, that sort of thing)??

I've never really eaten them before but have resorted to them for lunches out of convenience lately. They seem really high in carbs and low in fat and not all that nutritious but over all I feel like if I'm only consuming 250 calories, it can't be all that bad. What do you think?

Stephanie said...

Mary, back away from the processed foods.

There are people who know way more about this than I do, so I should leave the advice giving to them, but processed foods pack on pounds. I'm saying this from experience - when I lived at my parents' house (when we first got back into town, and before I got pregnant of course) I ate packaged grilled chicken and boxed dinners a good bit - I was still eating the lower caloried stuff, and still eating grilled versus fried, etc. I gained 10 pounds. The only thing that changed was the preservatives I was taking in.

Also, they will drain your energy. You're better off to either make your own frozen dinners (you can google it to see how) or take leftovers, or salad, or whatever.

Jason, sugar was a hard habit for me to break. Things like marshmallows, circus peanuts, candied orange slices, etc. And they were "fat free" so they didn't seem like that big of a deal - until I read the rest of the label, of course.

Laura Mielke said...

what a great topic! GREAT comment Mary and Steph and Steph I am going to have to agree with you... boxed dinner are low in fat but HIGH in sodium and are not filling AT ALL. I weighed more when I was eating lean cuisines and canned raviolis... my lunch every day now is a big bowl of salad with red and green bell peppers, carrots, shredded cheese, deli turkey or canned tuna and olive oil vin. by Ken's. I also eat a whole grain wrap/pita thing plain... 9 grams of fiber in the wrap alone. for breakfast I eat oatmeal or a 100 cal. whole grain english muffin plain or with a stick of low cal mozz. cheese. snack on an apple, activia yogurt, and popcorn. that way when it comes to supper I know that I have had low cals all day, plenty of fiber, fruits, and veggies.

but my overall weakness is anything salty and crunchy... goldfish, chips, triscits... so i try not to keep too much in the house because as the jingle goes... once i pop i can't stop... especially if there is cheese (and there is always cheese in our home) to be melted on top... also I LOVE (abnormally love) hot sauce and salsa...i put either on everything... well not on cookies :)

Jason said...

I wrote Mary a long email not thinking anyone would jump on this but here is my thought...
Anything in moderation is not that terrible ...
Yes i agree that the dinners are not the absolute best but I do eat them from time to time ..
Not more than 2 a week maybe ...Its more of a time thing for me
I will run home and eat one when I know i am pushed for time..
I always make a quick salad to go with mine...Usually just some greens and tomatoes ..
Would i eat them every day NO ...
Every once in a while sure
ALSO another guilty pleasure of mine is COLD Chef Boyardee Ravioli ...Gross I know but I have eaten alot of cold ones over the years !!

Nick M. said...

I don't know if I have any food weirdness but I most definitely am a sugar fiend. I mean when I crave something it is usually sugary and gummy (bears, worms, gummy lifesavers, fruit rollups). Also in my sugar category is soda...man how I love an ice cold REAL soda. Diet crap is for the birds and I don't care what anyone says Coke Zero does NOT taste like regular Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper does NOT taste more like regular Dr. Pepper. They just don't.