Thursday, October 08, 2009

Tangerine


So......



Lets talk for a brief minute about fiber. We all need it but many of us dont get near the daily amount that we should.


I know you are thinking POOP!! And yeah you will be more regular but its sooooo important.



Snacks now are pretty easy for me right now. Since I have been eating better for the last two months, fruits have been a big part of my healthy diet. Until recently I can honestly say I have never snacked on any fresh fruit.No, not really .... I have snacked on an apple or banana here or there ...maybe a grape or two but never alot of "food in the raw"

Fiber in fruit??? I thought only prunes had fiber. Boy way I wrong! Raspberries strawberries oranges apples pears, etc. all have between 4-8 grams of fiber per serving. With fruit, now it was easy to maintain my goal of 35g of fiber a day. So my snacking is mainly fruit now ...

And with that I get a ton of fiber.

And guess what? I feel better, and more full. So now, I am a big fruit advocate.



Water and fruit will fill you up big time folks ....So tomorrow I will not be posting since I will be away in Birmingham for the evening but have a great weekend and I will see yall on Saturday


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

best. fruit picture. EVER.

Jason said...

Yeah ...I did that just for you Mr Lucas ...