Tuesday, September 01, 2009

September of My Years

So......

It rained today ...again!
I really thought I was going to have to walk in the rain again this evening but it actually turned out to be a very nice night for walking. I had with me tonight for the first time some company and it was nice to have someone to chat with about things.....
He is trying to make some big decisions about his upcoming future and for some strange reason he wanted my advice ...HA !!! SUCKER
Add to that the fact that since May he has also been trying to lose weight and has lost 21lbs and eventually wants to lose about 40. He said seeing my excitement the last few weeks has been great and asked if he could join me more for walking. Sounds good to me and the converstaion was a welcome addition.

Tonight for dinner I made this really good oven"fried" chicken tenders.
The fried part was crushed up corn flakes.
You soak the chicken in 1/3 of a cup of buttermilk and cayenne pepper.
Dipped in egg whites ....dipped in flower and then the corn flakes.
Add to this the Sage brown gravy.
Which was
2 T flour
1 T butter
1 Cup low sodium chicken broth
1/4 t sage
The total points was 6 for three chicken fingers and the gravy
I added to that some turnips and then I boiled some cauliflower florets, drained and added spray butter, salt/pepper, and mashed them up to make mashed cauliflower. A VERY filling meal....

So my question for you all tonight is this ....Whats your favorite fruit ?
I happen to enjoy a good crisp gala apple or an orange. Thanks to my introduction to them two years ago I also enjoy a good Clementine !!!

So whats yours ??
Peace

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

when they're available, i love Honeycrisp Apples. mmm.

kiwis are also awesome.

Nick M. said...

granny smith's baby! i love the crunch and the sourness. i also really like strawberries, seedless white grapes, and clementines.

Valerie said...

So, can I just tell you that I had a Jazz apple yesterday and it was life-changingly good. It's a hybrid between a Gala and Braeburn, and it is so nice.

Also, clementines FTW.

Anonymous said...

I am still on breakfasts. Did you read Heloise in today's newspaper? "A large variety of tasty waffles can be made from prepackaged muffin mixes. Just prepare as for muffins, but bake in your waffle iron A single packet of muffin mix makes one and a half large waffles." P.S. Have you tried Banana Nut Cheerios? Yum-o! JMH

Eleanor said...

It would be easier to list the fruits I don't love, but Granny Smith apples, cherries (Rainier are especially awesome, but very limited availability), watermelon, and there is nothing better in this world than lean-over-the-sink-to-eat naval oranges.

Laura Mielke said...

I am on a grapefruit kick right now. But typically I enjoy pineapple, peaches, and green golden delicious apples. Glad you found a walking buddy. I have really enjoyed my walks before work at the YMCA. There is something about getting it done before the day really starts and watching 35 minutes of CNN that feels good to me. Getting out of bed is the hardest part... after that it is all good.

Also, Bear Creek Chicken noodle soup is only 2 points per cup and is so delicious! Fast, easy, and tons of left overs!