Thursday, September 10, 2009

Blame it on the Bossa Nova

So ....


I meant to mention something last night but in my rush to talk about other things I just forgot ...

Temptations ...and I dont mean the guys who sing.


I was at church last night going through the line the get my food and I first was offered two pieces of fish ....then three hushpuppies....then I get to the guy with the cole slaw and he says " oh here ya go man I know you want a big serving"
I declined but part of me was mad and part of me was upset a little. You see a bigger guy and you want to feed them more LOL makes no sense to me ...I dont get easily tempted ...Never have when it comes to food ...I just for years ate wrong foods at wrong times. I was never one to be at a party or a function and just go nuts with some food...So offering me a big helping of canned cole slaw is not to hard for me to turn down ...
I was also offered an extra ice cream ....ha
I guess I dont blame folks but I have started telling folks at the church that I am changing my eating habits ....so maybe that will help
That brings me to this

What is tempting to me ? I would have to say its things like potato chips...Lays chips with some dip is a good one ...I can do without chocolate...I can do without cookies and cakes.
A good steak is tempting to me ...
I love peanut butter and could maybe eat a whole jar if given the chance ....
I am also a sucker for cereal. I love a big bowl of cereal. Honey Nut Cheerios! Any day of the week and twice on Saturday please ....

So what tempts you ? What do you find a hard time passing up ....Share with me .

3 comments:

fg said...

I'm perfect - no temptations for me!

Nick M. said...

Softdrinks, candy, and most anything else that is LOADED with sugar (gummy bears, Krispy Kremes, M&M's, cookies, cakes, cupcakes, cookies with cakes built into them).

Anonymous said...

Blue Bell Ice Cream - I have to buy the individual cups. JMH