Monday, September 07, 2009

Embraceable You

So.....

I hope everyone had a nice relaxing Labor Day. Labor Day represents the last holiday till Thanksgiving for many of us ....

I have discussed goals of losing weight and in my mind I have a few that I have not shared....those will come in time...Tonight I wanted to touch on a few things ...

First....
Having friends and family along on this journey....I dont want losing weight to mean that I dont go out anymore with friends. Or have a great time over a meal with my family. I look at it more in the terms of them joining with me on the journey.
I read in some WW book i think that research suggests that an individuals immune system and fucntion drops when there is a lack of positive relationships in their lives.
I am thrilled to be sharing with my friends and family.

Second...
Making my mind understand that things are going to happen gradually. I walked with a friend tonight and we touched on the idea that its hard sometimes for those losing weight to see the long term changes. I would love to look in the mirror tomorrow and see a guy who has lost 100+ pounds but part of me is also really enjoying the "wait and see" approach.
The Marines have a saying "sweat is just weakness leaving the body"....Each day that I sweat while walking or working out is another day closer to being in better health.

Third...
The excercise part has almost become a normal thing for me now after 3+ weeks. I get antsy when I think I might miss a day or a chance to walk. Is that normal ? I have said before that I dont want to become that guy who obsesses about things...but I am really enjoying walking ..

Fourth....
and last .....I notice that Friday Saturday and Sunday are my worst days because I am off of the routine of the week. During the week I drink most of my water sitting at my desk in the mornings ....I go home for lunch ....I have apples at my desk for snacks...
any suggestions to help with making the weekends better ??

And good night and good luck

1 comment:

mary said...

Re: Third

That is TOTALLY normal.