Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Where or When

So....

I have this post brewing in my head but am not quite ready to publish yet ....
Having said that ...I have a headache from listening to all things political tonight ....When in this country will we get serious about health care for those who are in need ???
Not a left thing or a right thing but folks coming together to help solve this horrible problem. Its a terrible shame that folks cant sit down and talk ...
And a man from South Carolina....A man who represents people from that great state yelled at the president of the United States tonight....In the House chamber. Crazy nuts....I understand not agreeing but show some friggin class and just dont applaud ...
As I said I have an incredible headache and just want to go lay down ....

Today was a great day on the diet front .....I got 64oz + of water in before 11am and thats a first....Am loving drinking all this water ...Its a challenge but its a good one for sure

We had the annual mens fellowship fish fry at church tonight and all things considered I did very good ....Ate one piece of fish, one hushpuppy, green beans and some slaw all washed down with water. So a good thing I think ..
The only bad side is this is actually the first fried food I have had in almost a month so it is doing a bit of a dance in my belly ....I guess thats understandable. Blech

And I want to say Thanks to a guy that i respect ALOT and his name is Jim Houghtby. Many of yall out there dont know him but he is a member of our church and NEVER STOPS....He plans the fish fry every year and did another great job this year. He buys supplies for the church, he leads the mens club, he plans the church picnic, he runs the sound at the 8:30 service, he buys the supplies for the coffee and doughnut fellowship on Sunday mornings, He coordinates the selling of about 6-7000.00 dollars worth of fruit every winter at Christmas. I could go on and on and on
Add to that he is a veteran of WWII who flew missions over Germany and at 87 years old is still making a difference in LOTS of lives...
And if there is somewhere in the church where he can help out ...he is there...
He has a true servants heart ....and hes my friend. God Bless him and all that he does

Kinda a ramble of things tonight ...Peace

2 comments:

fg said...

I am enjoying your posts regarding your new way of eating. I agree so much with your observations of Mr. Houghtby. He truly has a servant's heart.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Houghtby is truly an angel. His service and energy amaze me. JMH