Monday, September 28, 2009

Let's Get Away From It All

So.....

How's it working for me in terms of being accountable to myself on all things concerning weight loss?
I read the other night this example...
To me, true accountability is seeing spilled milk on the floor, not caring who spilled it, getting on your knees, cleaning it up, and then talking to everyone about the best way not to spill milk.
Being accountable in my weight loss has become a big thing. It's actually become pretty dang huge for me ...I think thats one of the main reasons I have changed my blogging habits. It's why I am not ashamed to let folks know what my starting weight was or the fact that I would always buy a 3x shirt when I went to the store. I needed accountability in my life and have found it.....
Weight Watchers places alot of focus on it...
I go each and every week to weigh in...Step on those scales and get my results.
I still am getting 44 points each day and that will soon change but in the 7 weeks I have been able to look at those points and think " How can I best make the most of those points?"
" How can I choose something healthier for me ?" "Whats going to fill me up the best and not leave me craving something later on in the day ?"
I am slowly starting to get away from an "old" me ....
This has become a new part of my life and it's not leaving anytime soon ....Yay!

On a side note I also read on someones blog where they posted a few silly questions ...so I am doing the same here

If you are dressing up for Halloween, what will you be going as ? Fred Flintsone for myself...you?

Twitter or Facebook ? Six of one half dozen of another for me ...you?

Blackberry or iPhone? iPhone for me...you?

Which fashion style would you like to see come back in style? Men wearing hats for me ....you?

Dill pickles or Sweet pickles ? I like both ...you?

G'night folks ...Peace

3 comments:

luke said...

1) a cat.

2) both, each with their own unique functionality and usage.

3) nokia 5165

4) HATS. we won the battle for beards. let's make hats happen.

5) ehhh... cucumbers?

mary said...

(1) I hate dressing up. I might this year for work but I won't be happy about it. Suggestions?

(2)Both. More FB than TW.

(3) iPHONE most def.

(4)Anything from the 60's. I secretly want to be a hippie.

(5)I have surprisingly strong feelings about this. Definitely dill. I use to just prefer dill pickles but after living somewhere for three years where they are entirely unavailable, I began to deeply resent that any other kind of pickle exists. If I could banish three foods from existence, they would be in this order: (1) mayo; (2)cucumbers; and (3) SWEET pickles. The end.

Nick M. said...

1) someone famous that people say i look like...probably James Earl Jones or Hoda Kotb

2) both but mostly because i enjoy defriending/unfollowing people that annoy me

3) blackberry but NOT happy about it

4) members only jackets, ascots, monacles, and knickers (all worn together of course)

5) bread and butter pickles (which i guess count as 'sweet')

word scramble for this post: fackle-"what the fackle was he talking about with those stupid answers to the questions?"