Thursday, September 24, 2009

If I Were The King Of The Forest

So....



Courage ......



To lose weight you have to have courage. You have to be able to say no to that doughnut at the office and cookies at midnight if it not part of your plan.

You have to have the courage to TIVO a show and work out instead of saying"I had a long day so I am not working out".

I am around food a good bit at work...dinners, ladies bringing cakes and cookies during the year.

I am around food when I am with friends... At any point I can have a wonderful meal, or snack, or taste.Yet I do not. Not anymore.

That is how I lost 21 pounds in the past few weeks. Not alot by some standards and I know that it will not get easier. That my weight will be a life long battle.

I have to have the courage to say no to foods I "can not resist".

I do not make excuses for missing a workout.

I do not mind failing as long as I am trying.....This is for life now.

This is how once I have reached a goal of some kind ....I will keep my weight off.

I know what I am up against. I am okay with that.If that is the only thing people take from my blog, I will be incredibly happy.

2 comments:

mary said...

i'm so glad you are this comitted and that you don't stop posting so we can encourage you and go through it with you at least in a way!

we're only human and sometimes we fall short of our goals. it's inevitable. I think you have a great perspective. the only way to be successful is to allow yourself to start over new if/when you do "fail" at any intermediate goal. the healthier life in the end is the real goal.

Eleanor said...

Have I mentioned I am proud of you lately?

And Mary is right -- if you set yourself up to try to do this perfectly all the time, that's just not going to happen -- and the true test of someone who is committed to a healthier lifestyle is this: When you slip, what do you do THEN?

That said, for the first few months I was on WW I was so OCD about it all -- and that actually worked for me. I honestly think what it taught me was that I COULD retrain my taste buds, I was able to learn to recognize the difference between a craving and hunger, and it totally taught me portions!

So -- you keep doing what you're doing. Losing at the rate you are is the absolute BEST and healthiest way to lose it, and so many studies bear out that losing slowly is a lead indicator in long term success.

You are fab.