Sunday, September 27, 2009

I'm Drinking Again

So.....

Contrary to the title of the post tonight ...No, I am not drinking right now. In fact I have not been drinking much at all over the past few weeks.
I am like many of you out there and enjoy a beer from time to time while watching a football game. Or perhaps a gin martini from time to time when out with friends but here lately I have not wanted or desired really to have anything.
Since starting my diet back on August 9...I have had a grand total of 4 drinks and one of those I did not even finish.
I have read enough already to know that alcohol makes you retain fluids.....its high in calories. I guess some are better at the calorie game than others but for the most part they are high.
Its just not something I need in my life right now while I make these necessary changes.
Will I never drink again ...No. I will enjoy something from time to time but for now ...this is where I am at and i am fine with it ...

So just for poops and giggles tonight ...what is your favorite "adult beverage"?? Lets hear about it ...

Peace

2 comments:

luke said...

i've actually found that my tastes are changing lately. as much as i love a great beer, i just can't enjoy them like i used to.

so... whiskey it is.

Eleanor said...

Beefeater and tonic, with a twist.

Clean, elegant.

If Beefeater's not available, Tanqueray works.