Friday, September 04, 2009

One For My Baby

So......

I spent a good portion of my day in Auburn. Always good to be in such a nice place and of course getting to have some good food at the BarBQue house is a a huge plus and add to that it is gameday weekend for the first time this season and it all adds up to a huge WIN .

Lets talk about BarBQue for a few minutes .....
I love it ....LOVE LOVE it ....and for my money there is no better that at the BarBQue House in Auburn Alabama....I have had good BBQue in Memphis and in North Carolina. I have had decent BBQue in California and Georgia but nothing compares to the delight of the stuff you get in Auburn.
Today was a bit different though....Since I am counting points and trying to eat better and shift my focus to more filling foods I decided today to get the BBQ Chicken instead of my regular BBQ sangwich.
Perhaps a mistake was made....The chicken had a nice flavor but was a bit dry for my taste. Every rose has its thorns I guess.....
I always plan my trip to Auburn....I am hardly over there anymore and when I do go I eat at the BBQue house ...so next time I go I will plan for my meal and I will eat the sangwich.
I said from the beginning that I will not deprive myself of foods that I enjoy. I will balance them out, I will cut the portion size, I will perhaps excercise a little more but once you start taking away things that you really enjoy then you are potentially setting yourself for a failure of some kind. As we have talked about its all in making the right choices and living with things in a different way....not denying yourself totally of something.

Enjoy what you are doing and make the absolute most of it ....

1 comment:

Eleanor said...

I endorse this message!

;-)