Sunday, September 06, 2009

Over There

So.....
Nice quiet day that saw me not having to work on a Sunday night and that was good....I started a Disciple class last week at another church and we are meeting Sunday afternoons before I have to be back to work but the class was cancelled tonight due to the holiday weekend.
It was nice to come home from church around lunch and not have anything to do ...
I have been enjoying hearing from everyone regarding my weight loss and my renewed efforts to diet and excercise. Keep those tips coming....
Lots of times we lean on that fence and see that the grass does look a little bit greener....right? I am guilty of it ....
I look at some guys and think ...dang they eat alot but look at how in shape they are ....
Or I see guys running in the park ...passing me every so often and I again think DANG....I wish I could do that ..
But its after that I think ...Please stop. Don't do that and set yourself up for failure by trying to keep up with others. We are each different individuals, that guy that is eatting cheeseburgers for snacks and taking a bath in ice cream might be busting his ass off at the gym 7 days a week just so he can eat all that stuff....
It's a different mindset that I am having to create for myself.....It's hard, but totally worth it and maybe one day I will get a chance to talk to that guy running in the park and find out that he was once like me ....taking it one day at a time ....
Laura M sent me an email and I wanted to share below some of what the article said....This is not mine and is just reprinted with the authors name and publication attached ...I like that he says to relax and enjoy what you are doing...
Happy Reading ....
Enjoy
By Michael Scholtz, M.A., Best Life fitness expert
It's great to be conscientious about your diet and exercise sessions, but cutting yourself some slack keeps your motivation high. Try adopting an 80/20 approach—strive to make healthy choices 80 percent of the time; this leaves room in your weight loss and fitness programs for setbacks. Here's how to do it:
• Change your thinking. Don't use the words "good" or "bad" to describe food, yourself or your behavior. These words can promote the unhealthy all-or-nothing pattern you're trying to avoid.
• Establish a range for goals. This allows for more flexibility. For instance, "I'll walk 30 minutes four to six times a week" is better than planning to walk everyday.
• Schedule off days. Take a day off from exercise each week. Use the time to focus on a nurturing activity, such as reading or catching up with friends.
• Enlist help. Consider meeting with a nutritionist, trainer, counselor or coach. They can help keep you motivated and also make sure your goals are realistic.
• Cheer yourself on. Place a note in your bathroom, your car or on your calendar to remind yourself to relax.
• Be patient. Nothing causes more frustration than thinking you should be losing faster than you are. Aim to shed up to 1 percent of your body weight each week, but realize that plateaus are part of the journey.

No comments: