Friday, September 11, 2009

With a Little Help From My Friends

So .....

Its late and again for some reason I am really tired. Been like this a couple nights this week....Just feel exhausted for some reason. Let me add here that I did almost nothing of a productive value on Friday. Nothing.

I just dont have any energy ....wiped out is the best way to describe it. Sitting at the Mielkes tonight talking with friends I swear to you I was almost nodding off....very unusual.

So my question is this ...with all the changes in my diet and such could there be a direct link? Am I not getting something now that I was getting before.
Before anyone says or asks am I taking a vitamin...The answer is I was and have stopped.
I never took one before really and started when I started WW. But its something about them that makes me almost throw up when I take it in the morning. I can take it with food ...before food....after food....every time I get the same result...and after I do take it it just makes me feel like I have this nasty bile taste in the back of my throat . So I have stopped that ....

What else should I be taking or could I be taking that could increase my energy levels?
I already am taking a large dose of Omega-3 Fish Oil every day for my heart ...
Any suggestions yall might have would be appreciated....

Hope yall have a pleasant weekend.
Peace

3 comments:

Eleanor said...

Jason -- Hang in there and just tough this out a little longer. Your body is adapting to this change in your eating behavior!

Happened to me, too -- it's like your body is behaving like a spoiled 2 year old, and this is a little tantrum.

Stephanie said...

Are you getting the right number of calories? That would be my first question.

The second is that the increase in exercise could mean that your body is just tired.

If you have a strong gag reflex then taking vitamins in the morning is probably not going to work for you. What about with your lunch? They'll probably be easier to get down then.

Anonymous said...

Possibly not getting enough carbs or getting less carbs could cause that. A good first step is getting a complex B-vitamin routine going. That might help with your energy levels. I've known several people who started diets/life changes in eating who went through that. Zapped of energy.

Ryan