Saturday, September 26, 2009

You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch

So.....

If its Saturday then its meeting time and weigh in at Weight Watchers. During the past week I lost another 3lbs ....How bout that ??? Very excited here and I also got a 5% star ....so that means I have now lost 5% of the weight I need to meet the goal set by Weight Watchers. Thats a great thing but as I told someone at the meeting...I am not about stars and bookmarks and such ...I am just doing my thing and going on. Accolades are great but better health is my main goal.
So here we are today....

Starting weight-381lbs
Total loss to date-24lbs
Todays Weight-357lbs

Today at the meeting it came up about staying positive during all the changes in your life. It was all over the board but it got me to thinking about folks who just cannot be positive about things...
I know and realize that there will be days when you totally fail at staying on your points....There will be days when you go to Five Guys and get that big huge burger and eat it and think AHHHHH............thats just what I needed and then you are like DAMMIT what the hello was I thinking doing that ...
Damage is done though ....so you move on. You cannot let that keep you down ....You have to move on past it. Some folks say " well, I messed up so I will just get back on track next week" and next thing you know its a month later and you are hitting Five Guys once or twice a week.
Being positive is the key to things I think ...
Also...folks who seem to want to sabotage you....I dont think they mean bad its just what happens. And some folks seem to get mad when you refuse food or seconds for that matter.
I have heard from one person lately that said " well its great you have lost weight but you can always gain it back" Huh? What? You mean I can gain it back ...get outta here..........
I know that and thanks for talking about the pink elephant in the room...
This for me is about a total lifestyle change. Moving in a new direction with my life...This is a stepping stone for bigger and better things. But it starts here ....
Give me the advice....talk to me about the challenges...affirm to me that it will not be easy...but for gosh sakes lets try to be a little positive

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are doing amazing man, keep up the good work!